Monday, August 27, 2007

Become a Guest Author!


As we all know REALTOR to REALTOR networking is a great way to build our business with personal professional referrals. To pursue that thought further I'd like to make a suggestion that you continue to build that referral sphere while building your on-line presence through blogging as a "guest-author" on an outside blog.

Let me explain, I have an independent blog, (separate from my website http://www.preferredhomebrokers.com/) it's much different than my site which looks very institutional. My blog appears visually different in format and content. It's a community blog, (http://www.livinginsocal.com/) I do my best to tell stories and write articles in my own voice, as Gregg likes to say. So far I've written on community events, the real estate market, funraisers, consumer tips, remodeling info, etc, etc. Like many things we do, finding the time to keep up with a blog can be challenging, that's where the guest author idea came to mind. Not new at all, you see it all over the web, so I thought I'd give it a try, at least a version of it.

While cruising around Active Rain I found several posts I felt would be of interest to consumers. I contacted the authors (2 REALTORS and 1 lender) and asked for permission to link to their great posts. Of course they said yes! More online exposure for them, and great content for me. It was a win-win for us all.

Any thoughts, I love to hear from you. Interested in being a guest-author on my blog, let me know. I'd love to do the same in return.

0 comments: